Haven Acres Cat Adoption
550 cats are up for adoption this weekend. They are what's left of the largest animal hoarding case in American history. Some 700 cats that were seized from the Haven Acres Cat Sanctuary two months ago. The Alachua County Humane Society wasn't just handing out cats.
There was a three step process including an application, interview, and orientation before new owners even got a peek and the cats. Cat Adoption Counselor Erica Corbett says she's had to turn some people away.
Corbett says, "we have to make sure that these cats don't go through any more trauma."
The attorney for the owners of haven acres, Steve and Pennie Lefkowitz does not want her clients to comment during their criminal investigation, but says they are happy the cats will have homes.
They adopted out about 50 today. The adopt-a-thon runs through Sunday at the Alachua County Humane Society.
- Adoption Event for Haven Acres Cats
- 240 Haven Acres Cats Adopted
- 517 cats siezed at the Haven Acres Cat Sanctuary
- Haven Acres Cats Surrendered
- UPDATE: Haven Acres Cat Sanctuary Investigation
- Owners Of Haven Acres Farm Arrested
- Adopt a Shelter Cat Month
- Cats Available for Adoption Again
- Tent City Cats Up For Adoption
- Beauty Haven's Farm Fundraiser