High School Football Player Dies During Camp
Tragedy has struck a Georgia football team in town for a football camp.
The Fitzgerald High School football team out of Southern Georgia arrived at the Florida Bible Camp near O'Leno State Park on Friday, and according to authorities, Don'terio J. Searcy, 16, was found unresponsive 30 minutes after Tuesday morning's football practice.
Searcy was transported to the hospital, and was pronounced dead shortly after.
Detectives are unsure if Searcy's death was caused by football practice or a previous medical condition. An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.
Grief counselors were sent to the camp for Searcy's teammates.
Searcy was a rising junior defensive lineman at Fitzgerald High School.
- Keeping Kids Safe On The Football Field After Player Dies At Camp Blanding
- High School Freshman Raped During Fourth Period
- Last Chance to Get Noticed For Area High School Football Players
- Third victim dies in Chardon High School Shooting
- Eastside High School Athlete Dies
- No Camping At Alachua County Fairgrounds During Gatornationals
- Union County's Geordyn Green Wins High School Football Play of the Year Day 7!
- Newberry's Monte Seabrook Wins High School Football Play of the Year Day 10!
- Trenton's Hamp Cheevers Wins High School Football Play of the Week Playoff Edition
- High School Football Play of the Week