Internet Cafe In Jeopardy
It's not everyone's cup of tea. The planned Allied Veterans of the World internet cafe will have slot machine-style games that offer cash prize sweep stakes.
On Tuesday's Alachua County Planning Commission meeting, the cafe had much opposition.
Before the cafe can open at the old Pizza Vito restaurant near the newberry and tower road intersection, the county must grant a special exception permit.
After three hours of discussion, the planning commission voted against granting special exception to the cafe.
However those behind the cafe still have hope in county commissioners voting in their favor.
"It offers a service to people, it offers something for people to do, it fills vacant building space, and create jobs," said Kelly Mathis, Allied Veterans attorney.
County commissioners have the final decision in granting the special exception permit to the cafe.
They're set to make the vote on September 13th.
- Florida Could Soon Ban Internet Cafes in Wake of Scandal
- Attorney Found Guilty For Illegal Internet Cafes
- Gainesville Temporarily Bans Permits for All Internet Cafes
- Another Internet Cafe Going Online
- Ocala Discusses Internet Cafe's
- A New Internet Cafe in NW Gainesville
- Internet Cafes are Now Illegal in Florida
- Internet Cafe Bust
- Internet Cafes Still Allowed
- Insurance Discounts in Jeopardy