Medicare Seminar Offers Guidance As Enrollment Period Gets Closer
In about a month and a half, thousands of Floridians will sit down to choose a Medicare plan that works for them.
But they will have a shorter window of opportunity to choose that plan.
The Medicare enrollment period starts October 15th and ends December 7th. In the past, the enrollment period closed around late December.
Despite the shorter enrollment period, one group in North Central Florida says they can still help people make the right choice for them.
SHINE -- an agency within the Florida Department of Elder Affairs -- will be hosting free Medicare seminars each month.
Organizers say they can help people wade through the sea of plan options, which include Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage, and Medigap.
The first seminar was today. The next ones are September 27th, October 25th, and November 22nd.
The seminars are open to the public. For more information, contact SHINE at 1-800-96-ELDER or visit www.floridashine.org
- Medicare Changes Deadline for Enrollment
- Boy With Duchenne Gets Treatment Closer to Home
- Medicare Open Enrollment
- High School Freshman Raped During Fourth Period
- Gainesville Police Hold Seminar For Bars and Drinking Establishments
- CyberKnife Treatment May Not be Covered Much Longer by Medicare
- High Tech Treatment Passes Medicare Test
- Medicare Scam in Gilchrist County
- Summer Camp Enrollment Down
- Declining Enrollment