Ocala Killer Still At-Large
Detectives are still waiting on the medical examiner for the name of the fourth victim-- a woman who's being identified by dental records.
Shortly before 1:00 am Friday, Marion County firefighters were dispatched to a house fire at 5366 NW 5th Street.
When they got there, they soon realized they were on a murder scene. A scary new addition to a neighborhood full of kids.
"He was a smart kid," said Khamereon Walls, 10, who lives in the neighborhood where the bodies of Codarrian Hill, 9, Coderica Hill, 7, Jocalyn Gary, 27, and another woman not yet identified were pulled from a home.
Detectives say the four were dead before the fire, and now they're searching for a killer.
"There's no specific suspect," said Judge Cochran, Marion County Sheriff's Office spokesperson.
Detectives say Gray drove up to the home just before the fire started, left her kids in her SUV, and never came out.
Coderica and Codarrian went to Evergreen Elementary School, their mother died a few years ago. Their father, Willie Hill, is serving time at the Marion County Jail. Neighbors say his girlfriend was taking care of the kids.
"At this time we don't know the specific cause of death," said Cochran, who wont confirm the word on the street that a gun was involved in the murders.
"It makes me want to move, I lived in a terrible neighborhood before in Arkansas, that's why we moved down here to Ocala," said April Dekam, a neighbor.
Neighbors say Willie Hill, known as "boo-jay," loved his kids, and was a good father.
However since they were born, he's been in and out of jail, mainly for cocaine possession.
His most recent arrest was February of this year on domestic battery and driving under the influence charges.
He's set to be released from jail in October.
- Warren, Orlando Make Final Pitch to Voters Ahead of At-Large 2 Runoff
- At-Large 2 Candidate Annie Orlando Speaks on the Issues Facing Gainesville
- At-Large 2 Candidate Helen Warren Speaks on the Issues Facing Gainesville
- Gainesville Commission At-Large Candidates Focus on GRU at Final 4A Forum
- Voter turnout raises questions for at-large run-off election
- Home Invader Still at Large
- Still Searching For Cameron Lissimore's Killer
- UF's Large Animal Hospital Puts Out Horse Owner Alert: "Bad EPM Drug"
- Suspect in Death of Lake City Man is at Large
- Lightning May Be Cause of Large YMCA Fire