Old Army Reserve to Become City Park?
They want to reserve an old department of defense property for more peaceful purposes.
Gainesville's members of Congress: Corrine Brown and Cliff Stearns are asking the Department of Defense about plans for the old army reserve building and property in Northeast Gainesville.
The army reserve office moved down the street to a newly- renovated facility two years ago.
Local leaders want to create a public park dedicated to reserve military personnel called "Reserve Park."
The building, which is becoming dilapidated, would also be renovated for use by the community.
- Marion Oaks Community Hopes to Become City
- Marion Oaks Community Hopes to Become a City
- "We've Become Notorious... He's Hijacked the Image of our City," Gainesville Resident Speaks Out
- Old Building Is New Again in Tuscawilla Park
- 15 Year Old Girl Shot and Killed in Gainesville Parking Lot
- Silver Springs Set To Become Florida State Park
- ACSO Recruiting Reserve Deputies
- Reserve Deputy Arrested
- Hotel Reservations Down for Gator Nationals
- Gainesville City Officials Trying To Ease Parking Congestion