Owners Of Haven Acres Farm Arrested
The owners of the Haven Acres Cat Sanctuary in High Springs were arrested around 8:40 Monday night by Alachua County Deputies. Steven and Pennie Lefkowitz were served a warrant for 47 counts of animal cruelty.
Alachua County Animal Services seized 705 cats from the sanctuary in early June, 79 had to be euthanized. After evaluating every cat, animal service investigators signed an affadavit suggesting animal cruelty charges to the state attorney's office. The Lefkowitz's were held in the Alachua County Jail for two hours before being released on their own recognizance. The case is now in the hands of the State Attorney's Office, who will decide the resolution of the charges.
- Adoption Event for Haven Acres Cats
- 240 Haven Acres Cats Adopted
- Haven Acres Cat Adoption
- Haven Acres Cats Surrendered
- UPDATE: Haven Acres Cat Sanctuary Investigation
- 517 cats siezed at the Haven Acres Cat Sanctuary
- Beauty Haven's Farm Fundraiser
- 25 Acre Farm Flooded
- Store Owner Arrested For Selling Synthetic Marijuana
- Advantage Towing Owner Arrested for Stealing Scooters