Road Rage Shooting
It wasn't business as usual for one area of Jonesville Friday afternoon.
"It took an hour before we knew what had gone on," said Bill Conway, a mechanic who heard a gun shot on his lunch break.
A road rage shooting off Newberry and County Road 241 shut down several businesses as detectives combed the area for evidence.
"Our victim has said that the window was down, and he clearly saw the male suspect, with the fire arm, shooting at him," said Art Forgey, ACSO spokesperson.
Stephen Owen, 26, and Erin Vipperman, 28, both of Newberry, have been arrested on charges of felony aggravated battery.
"It was a very dangerous situation, not only for other drivers, but for by standers in a relatively congested area," he said.
No one was hurt, according to deputies, when Owen and Vipperman were driving in their car, firing at least two shots outside the passenger window.
"We had deputies in the area that located and stopped the vehicle, and we have located a firearm," he said.
The couple was locked up on July 26th.
"They were stopped in that incident for having dark tinted windows," he said.
Police ultimately found 110 grams of cocaine, and sixty grams of marijuana in their mitsubishi galant.
"They have found some shell casings so far," he said, as well as this prescription drugs and marijuana.
Owen has been charged with two counts of aggravated battery, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and resisting without violence.
Vipperman has an outstanding out-of-county warrant, and faces fleeing and eluding charges.
The drug charges are still being investigated.
The victims, Shannon Rogers of Gainesville, and David Spicer of St. Cloud were driving in two separate cars.
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- FHP Seeking Tips on Tampa Road Rage Incident
- New Statewide Road Rage Law in Effect
- Two Arrested On Aggravated Assault Charges After Road Rage Incident
- Man Arrested In Gainesville Road Rage Incident
- Road Rage in Welaka
- Gainesville road rage caught on camera
- Two more arrests for road rage incident caught on tape
- Man behind bars after road rage incident
- Road rage in Belleview leaves one teenager hospitalized