Alachua County Commissioners Support Evinston Historic Post Office
It's on the chopping block and residents are looking for help to keep their historic post office open.
The Evinston Post Office in Southeast Alachua County is being considered by the US Postal Service for closure because of low revenue and foot traffic. But Evinston residents say the post office and general store, which was built in the 1800's, is essential to their community.
Today Alachua County Commissioners voted to write a letter of support to the Post Master General. A public meeting about the potential closure will take place this Thursday night at 6:30 at the Evinston United Methodist Church.
- City Commissioner Rick Bryant Running For County Post
- Marion County Post Office Shuts Its Doors
- Marion County Officers Support Breast Cancer
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- City commissioner proposes new county
- New Alachua County Commissioner Appointed
- Alachua County Commissioners Reach Out to Third Manager Candidate
- Alachua County Commissioners Discuss Pole Barn Replacement Options
- County Commissioners Paving the Way for Surtax Intended to Fund Road Improvements
- County Commissioners join fight to save Waldo school