Charlie Ely Guilty of First Degree Murder
The first person tried for the murder of 15 year old Seath Jackson was found guilty today by a Marion County Jury. The decision carries a life sentence for 19 year old Charlie Ely and is the first step toward justice for Jackson's family.
Now the biggest question is how this guilty verdict, for the defendant arguably least involved in the murder, will affect the other defendants: Alleged ring leader Michael Bargo, Justin Soto, Kyle Hooper and Amber Wright.
Charlie Ely has not been sentenced yet to give the victim's family a chance to decide if they want to speak or not. The trials for the 4 other co-defendants are not expected to begin until next year.
- Jonathan Peterson Found Guilty of First-Degree Murder
- A Jury Finds Brandon Wilson Guilty of First Degree Murder
- Two Siblings Guilty of First- Degree Murder
- Wright found guilty of first degree murder for the second time
- Jury Finds Maranda Martin Guilty of 1st Degree Murder in the Death of Paul Quandt
- Gainesville Man Guilty of Second Degree Murder
- Man indicted on first degree murder charges
- Charlie Ely's Murder Trial will Stay in Marion County
- Charlie Ely Murder Trial: Day 4
- TV20 Exclusive: Seath Jackson Murder One Year Ago