Extensive Food Stamp Fraud in Gainesville
After a months long investigation by GPD, USDA and other agencies a multi store food stamp fraud has been uncovered in Gainesville.
Police suspect the stores involved were exchanging EBT benefits for cash.
They are also looking into the stores for counterfeit merchandise and tobacco and beverage violations.
The suspected stores are SMI Food Mart, located at 400 South Main, Shiblu Kwik Stop at 700 SW 4th Avenue and 99 Cents and More Convenience Store at 1300 East University.
- 31 People Wanted for Food Stamp Fraud at Gainesville Convenience Stores
- Federal Food Stamp Cuts, Affect Food Banks
- Gun Permits, Food Stamps in Demand
- Food Stamps Soar
- Food Stamp Scam
- Federal Food Stamp Benefits Reduced
- "Quick Change" Fraud in Gainesville
- Part of Regional Fraud Ring Busted in Gainesville
- Gainesville Man Accused of Medicaid Fraud
- Gainesville Woman Could Face 20 Years in Prison if Convicted of Medicaid Fraud