Postal Service Moving Processing and Distribution to Jacksonville
The postal service is filling out a "Change of Address" form for Gainesville's processing and distribution facility.
It's moving to Jacksonville.
The closure of the facility was formally announced Friday, but foreshadowed at a public meeting held in May.
Postal workers had hoped to save their jobs, or at least delay the move.
The transition should be finished in January. Some employees may be moved to Jacksonville's facility.
USPS leaders say they hope to save money to offset a 20 percent decrease in mail volume since 2007.
- Commodity Distribution for Alachua County
- Man Accused Of Possessing, Distributing Child Pornography
- Gainesville Woman Asks For Help Distributing Haiti Relief Supplies
- Sandbag distribution begins in Marion County
- USPS to Announce Closure of Mail Processing Facilities
- University Plane Crash Investigation Process Begins
- Processing An Animal Crime Scene
- Alachua County Commissioners Figure Out Budget Cut Process
- Atheist group in process of suing county over religious monument
- Santa Fe College President Putting Students and Employees First During Budget Process