"Quick Change" Fraud in Gainesville
Police have arrested a man for supersizing the change he got at fastfood places. 47-year-old Michael Carroll of Missouri was arrested last night for pulling what investigators call a "quick change."
Wendy's, Subway and Sunoco on West Newberry Road were all victimized. Investigators say Carroll stole $30 dollars from the three stores by telling each cashier he'd given them a $20 dollar bill and needed more change.
He is charged with petit theft and fraud.
- Fighting Fraud with the "Red Flags Rule"
- Homeless "Meal Limit" Changed to "Time Limit"
- Gainesville Physician Indicted with 210 Counts of Healthcare Fraud
- Gainesville Woman Could Face 20 Years in Prison if Convicted of Medicaid Fraud
- Gainesville Man Accused of Medicaid Fraud
- Part of Regional Fraud Ring Busted in Gainesville
- Extensive Food Stamp Fraud in Gainesville
- "Bong Ban," in Florida Doesn't Change Much for Store-owners
- Post Office Workers Against "Change of Address"
- New Road in Ocala Helping to "Change America"