Teacher Brings In Horse To Help Students Create Art
There was a special guest at one North Central Florida elementary school today.
Art teacher Sherri Pettigrew brought a horse to Kimball Wiles Elementary School this morning -- all for the sake of art.
The kids are studying the works of Franz Mark, a turn of the century German expressionist painter who painted mostly animals.
Pettigrew said she wanted her students to follow Mark's example in playing with size, color, and position to create 2-D images.
The students and horse gathered on the school's basketball court for about an hour this morning.
Some drew straightforward pictures of the horse. Others created their own versions, such as the horse-butterfly or the duck-horse.
Third through fifth grade students attended the special art class.
- Local Teacher Creates Unique Environment For Students
- UF masters student creates program to help student athletes find scholarships
- Spring Arts Festival Helps Fund Scholarships for College Students
- Horizon Students Have Bright Futures With Help From Dedicated Teacher
- Horses Helping Horses event raises money for horses in need
- Classic Car Show Brings Horsepower to Horse Country
- Tiny Horses Bring Big Smiles
- Obstacle challenge bringing horses & owners closer together
- Live Oak International brings in top level horse competitors
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas