There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
Alachua's "Project Legacy" Given $500,000
The City of Alachua got the green light, and some "green," from county commissioners today.
Commissioners voted to give Alachua $500 thousand tourism tax dollars to purchase property next the the city's Hal Brady Recreation Complex.
"Project Legacy" will be built there. It will add multi-use fields for baseball, soccer, lacrosse and football. City leaders say the entire $1.2 million dollar expansion will generate tourism.
The Tourism Development Council will next recommend which fund the money should come from- either a reserve fund held by the "Tourism and Convention Bureau" or money currently being considered for the fairgrounds.
City leaders will now look for other funding to complete the project.
- City of Alachua Closes on $1.2 Millon "Project Legacy" Property
- Alachua Needs Half a Million for "Project Legacy"
- Prescription Drug Foundation Trying to Raise $500,000
- "Projects For Haiti" Target Classrooms
- Alachua's First Black Mayor Dies
- After 6 Years, Downtown Alachua's Restoration is Coming Together
- "10,000 Homes Initiative" Could Upgrade Homes in Alachua County
- Hundreds Honor Dr. King's Legacy With Commemorative March
- Young Girl's Legacy, Bike Safety
- "Boots and Bling" Alachua Cattle Baron's Ball 2013