Arc of Alachua County Annual Luncheon
State budget cuts were the topic of the Arc of Alachua County's annual report today.
The report was presented at a luncheon for those who participate in Arc's programs, their families and supporters. The luncheon also raised money for Arc, which provides services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
State cuts have forced arc to cut expenses and look elsewhere for funding. Some business ventures already up and running include paper shredding and computer dis-assembly .
A presentation by the Special Olympics Team was the highlight of the luncheon.
- 2nd Annual Empty Bowl Luncheon Raises Money to Fight Hunger
- Annual School Grades Fall Sharply Thanks to New Standards
- ARC Center Gets a Helping Hand
- ARC Says Goodbye to Old Director, Hello to a New One
- Home Depot and H.O.P.E.S. Partners with ARC
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Area Children Experience Christmas Early at Church Luncheon
- Bread of the Mighty Luncheon
- Gainesville Police Host Outback Luncheon Benefit