Biomass Plant Breaks Ground
It's one thing hearing about it...but it's another to see it.
Tuesday morning, Gainesville Renewable Energy broke ground on the Biomass Plant...and gave our cameras a glimpse of the progress so far.
Since March, over 200 workers have put in more than 115 thousand hours.
The project cost five hundred million dollars...and according to officials, will power over 70 thousand homes with home-grown renewable energy.
Officials say 1,100 jobs will be created once the Biomass Facility is complete by 2013.
- BioMass Plant: Silenced Committee Member Speaks Out
- Gainesville City Leaders Discuss Ownership of Possible Bio-Mass Power Plant
- GRU Closer to Building Biomass Plant
- GRU Biomass Power Plant Contract Revealed
- Environmental Monitoring Begins on Biomass Plant
- Lawsuit Claims Biomass Plant Talks Violated Sunshine Law
- With New Fiscal Year Approaching, City Leaders are Working to Budget Biomass Plant
- Alachua County Commissioners Formally Discuss Plans for New Biomass Plant
- Emotions Run High as Commissioners Face Questions During Biomass Plant "Workshop"
- Gainesville Leaders Wait to Make Offer on Biomass Plant