Bring Some Warmth Campaign
Wednesday night throughout North Central Florida temperatures will start to take a dip into the 40s.
For some families that means tough choices are ahead
At Saint Leo University in Gainesville, they think no one should have to suffer in the cold.
They are collecting blankets, coats, long pants, hats, mittens and other winter essentials for low income families and the homeless as part of their first ever Bring Some Warmth campaign.
The effort is being coordinated by the university's Bachelor of Social Work Program.
For more information on what they are collecting and where you can drop your items off, call 352-395-5926 or 352-367-1192
The items collected during the Bring Some Warmth Campaign will be donated to Children's Home Society, Partnership for Strong Families, Department of Children and Families and the Alachua County District Library Coalition.
- Rowdy Reptiles Start Social Media Campaign to Bring Justin Timberlake to UF
- Music Festival Brings Money And Some Trouble To Area
- Safe Sleep Campaign Kicks Off
- Push America Gear Up Florida Campaign
- New Campaign Hopes to Make Drivers More Aware of Motorcyclists
- Marco Rubio Makes Campaign Stop In Gainesville
- Rubio Makes Campaign Stop In Ocala
- Salvation Army's Megan's Angel Campaign
- Local Stores Campaign For Your Holiday Dollar
- Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign Struggling in Marion County