City of Gainesville Cleared of Negligence in 2007 Death of Andrew Arosemena
The City of Gainesville is not responsible for the shooting death of a man in a city parking garage four years ago. It took an 8th Circuit Court jury 3 1/2 hours to return with a verdict clearing the city of any negligence.
Andrew Arosemena's mother Patricia Kelleher filed suit in early 2010, saying negligence contributed to her son's murder. Arosemena was shot in the downtown parking garage by Okpara Nelson after a Florida football game.
Off camera, Kristopher Arosemena said his family did what was right for his brother, and despite the verdict he's glad the trial is over.
No security measures in the downtown parking garage have changed since the murder. Marrafino plans to meet with the family to consider what to do next.
- Waterproofing Alachua County Since 1956
- Suspect in Death of Lake City Man is at Large
- Lake City Pain Doctor Could Be Charged With Death of Many Patients
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Walmart Thief Arrested Again
- Residents Relieved After Suspected Rapist Arrested
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Suspect in Haile Rape Case
- Suspect Arrested in Haile Plantation Rape Case
- Payne Keeps Quiet As He Enters Jail