GAIN Entrepreneur "Shoot Out"
It's the not the wild west, but it sure feels like it. The economy has created a tough climate for entrepreneurs and a "shoot out" may actually be the solution...although it's not what you think.
It's a modern day shoot out with ideas, not guns.
The Gainesville Area Innovation Network, or GAIN, is hosting an event that will put technology entrepreneurs in front of expert judges. 16 local companies presented their ideas to potential investors throughout the day. The final four will present in front of judges and a live audience, shoot out style.
The winner gets prize money, but organizers say all the participants win in some way.
- "Shooting For Home" Captures Story of Kevin Bradshaw
- Four Employees "Locked Out" of Alachua County Jail
- Witness: Passengers were "Freaking Out" Over Flight Attendant Rant
- Hernandez "Not Ruled Out" As Suspect In Murder Case
- Family Spotlight 9/15/11 "4H Branches Out"
- Billionaire Investor Comes to Gainesville, Throws Entrepreneurs into the "Shark Tank"
- Santa Fe College Launching "Growing Entrepreneurs" Program
- UF Business Students Get Advice from "Soleful" Entrepreneur
- UF's Large Animal Hospital Puts Out Horse Owner Alert: "Bad EPM Drug"
- Deadly I-4 Shooting Was a Case of "Mistaken Identity"