Shooting at Arapahoe HS in Littleton just south of Denver; at least 2 shot.
Hawthorne GP Plant Closing Could "Idle" the Economy
It isn't closed yet... but most of the employees are already out of work. The Georgia Pacific Plywood Plant in Hawthorne will shut it's doors next Friday. Meaning 400 people are losing their jobs.
And what the company calls an "idle down" will cause the economy to shift down to idle also.
GP is leaving a small crew at the plant to maintain equipment, in case the market improves and they can re-open. Employees will be paid through November 7th.
Georgia Pacific is helping them sign up for unemployment benefits. GP officials emphasize that the plant is not closed for performance reasons.
- Sports Tourism Could Bring Millions to the Local Economy
- Verdict in Hawthorne Murder Trial Could Be Just A Day Away...
- Sewer Plant "Stink" in High Springs
- Emotions Run High as Commissioners Face Questions During Biomass Plant "Workshop"
- "Hire Me First Card" Could Be Ticket to Success
- "10,000 Homes Initiative" Could Upgrade Homes in Alachua County
- City of Alachua Closes on $1.2 Millon "Project Legacy" Property
- Postal Service Closing Down Plants
- Arts and the Economy
- UF's Academic Future Bright Despite State's Dull Economy