Pediatric Patients at Shands get a Taste of Magic
Some pediatric patients at Shands in Gainesville got a sneak peak at some magic. The kids were treated to a magic performance by illusionist and mentalist Simon Winthrop, as he brought his Las Vegas show to Gainesville.
Winthrop performed as part of a pre-show for the Ferrero family's Noche de Gala event tomorrow night. The kids interacted with Winthrop as he integrated comedy and magic with card tricks and other illusions. Faces lit up as each got a turn to participate.
Winthrop says "performing for me was so special because the kids were so in touch with the magic and with the comedy and with the fun and the love in the room. There was really a complete group of strangers who joined together and had laughter."
Winthrop will be performing tomorrow night at the Ferrero Foundation's Noche de Gala.
- Your Health: Ballerinas visit UF Health Shands pediatric patients
- Shands Pediatric ER Ribbon Cutting
- Identity Theft Ring Compromises UF&Shands Patient Records
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- 5,000 Shands Patients Compromised in Identity Theft Incident
- Shands Patients Information Compromised
- Shands Support Group Throws Prom for Heart Transplant Patient
- Shands Patients Move
- Patient Dies from Bacteria found in Shands Cancer Center
- UF Health Shands nurse sexually assaults patient