Shooting in Gainesville Parking Garage Eerily Familiar
It was a bloody week for random acts of violence in Alachua County, and one more was added to the count in Gainesville. This time, though, it's in a familiar location- the Southwest Downtown parking lot. Four years ago, a man shot Andrew Arosemena in the head in the same garage. His family's lawyer, Lawrence Marraffino, made an eerie prediction, saying "it's only a matter of time before someone again gets seriously hurt or killed in that parking garage."
Eyewitness reports say the new victim, Artrel Dubose and some other men in the nightclub Crush argued, taking their disagreement into the parking lot and then to the garage.
Police say three suspects chased Dubose up the stairs, cornered him and shot him in the head. Eyewitnesses saw Dubose on the ground helping a friend before he was shot.
Gainesville Police spokeswoman Angelina Valuri says this is an unusual week for Gainesville: "This is definitely an unusual occurrence, and we have not seen a week filled with this much violence in quite a long time."
Dubose was visiting Gainesville from Atlanta to attend a funeral. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. Two suspects, Deron Matthews and Brandon Wilson were arrested on murder charges.
- Weekend Parking Garage Shooting Update
- Parking Garage Security
- Man Accused of 2011 Parking Garage Murder on Trial
- Break In Parking Garage Murder
- Possible Weapon Found in Parking Garage Murder
- Garage Fire Damages Gainesville House
- Gainesville's Fleet Maintenance Garage & Public Works Materials Storage Facility Combine
- Body of Missing Worker Found in Collapsed Miami Parking Garage
- Park Safety In Gainesville Eastside Park
- Police search for suspects in park shooting