Cows Seized in Marion County
Five starving cows were taken from an area dentist by Marion County Animal Rescue.
The cows, seized from property owned by Dr. Carlos Johary near Ocala, were severely emaciated, with muscle atrophy and no detectable fat. Johary owns 10 dentist offices in Florida and multiple properties in Marion County.
This is not the first time animals have been taken from the dentist... in 2008, Marion County Animal Control rescued dozens of neglected farm animals. In 2010, animal control investigators also found a sick cow and emaciated horse.
Johary's website indicates raising animals on his ranches as a favorite pastime.
- 25 Malnourished Cows Seized in Alachua County
- MCSO Increases Amount of Assets Seized from Criminal Suspects
- Cattlemen in Marion County Sell Cows for a Cause
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Marion County Jail Purchase Negotiations Delayed
- Beef MoosOver for Cow Appreciation Day
- Cows On Archer Road
- Local Cow Rescued!
- E-Cigarette Ordinance in Marion County
- Police Seize Rare Weapon