Curbside Recycling for Ocalans
Cities through out the state have curbside recycling, but Ocala isn't one of them- at least not yet.
Residents of Ocala currently have to sort and deliver their recyclables at one of eight locations. But Tuesday, City Council members held a workshop to figure out how it would work- picking up an estimated 30 tons of recyclable trash from 20 thousand homes.
Customer's bills would not go up and it would be paid for through a savings in tipping fees, the elimination of trash vehicles and 11 employees. Those savings are estimated to be about $800,000 dollars after the first year. Ocala's City Council will vote on curbside recycling next Tuesday and the move could be implemented by April 1st.
- Ocalans Affirm They'll Have Another Triple Crown
- RECYCLING CENTERS MARION COUNTY
- Recycling Centers Code Enforcement
- Recycling Center Hours
- Marion County has More to Recycle
- Break in at Ocala Recycling Center- Fourth Time This Year
- Curb- Side Recycling Coming to Ocala
- Christmas Light Recycling Locations
- Campaign Signs Can Be Recycled
- Man Charged for Recycling Center Burglary