Gainesville Woman Tied Up, Attacked in Home-Invasion Robbery
Gainesville police are looking for a white, four door Subaru Legacy with the plate KJ79Z.
The car belongs to the north west Gainesville homeowner, but wasn't in the drive-way when a husband discovered someone had ransacked his house, and his wife never showed up for work
"It's terrible that they would even think of doing something like that, especially with someone home," said Lynn Gill, who is shocked over what happened in her neighborhood Wednesday night.
A 59-year-old disabled woman was inside her house, during what police are calling a "home- invasion robbery" around 2:00 Wednesday afternoon.
"Three black males wearing masks had forced their way inside of the home, all of them did have guns, they tied her up, placed her in the bedroom, put a gun to her head, and demanded money and valuables from her," said Cpl. Angelina Valuri, GPD spokesperson.
According to police, when the woman's husband came home about an hour later, she was still inside her bedroom, her car, jewelery, and the three men were gone.
"This is just another violent crime, that's occurred within the city of Gainesville, and the GPD is not going to tolerate it," she said.
Just a day before, police say a woman walked in on a burglary in progress at the house right next door.
"The resident of that home, came home in the middle of the day, found a blue Chevy Impala parked in her driveway, went inside of her home, and realized that her home had been ransacked," she said.
According to police, the woman just missed the thieves, who left before loading-up their Chevy.
"Luckily, no items were taken during that burglary, all of the stolen items from the house were located in the backyard," she said.
Police say the two crimes may be connected to each other and to other recent cases in the county.
"It's a traumatic incident for all of the victims involved," she said.
- Third and Final Suspect Arrested in Gainesville Home Invasion Robbery
- Suspects in Gainesville home invasion robbery caught
- Suspect Admits Remorse In Planning Brutal Home Invasion Robbery
- Home Invasion Robberies End
- Home Invasion Robberies
- Police looking for 2 men involved in home invasion robbery
- Deputies Search For Armed Suspect In Home Invasion Robbery
- Man shot and killed in home invasion robbery
- Family of man, step-son killed in home invasion robbery still seeking justice
- Elderly Woman Stabbed During Home Invasion