Health Department Shake Up
The Alachua County Health Department is moving forward with plans to correct a series of financial mistakes that date back two years ago.
Last Thursday Jean Munden was dismissed at will as the health department administrator, now in the interim, former assistant director Paul Myers is filling in, in her place.
One of the first things he's doing is sending letters to 1100 people and letting them know their service is being cut.
The cancellation goes into effect November 18th.
Changes to cut costs within the department will be ongoing.
Myers encourages anyone who is concerned or confused about their options to call the Alachua County Health Department at 352-334-7900.
- Second Rabies Alert Issued in Ocala
- Health Department Finds Record Number of Mosquitoes in Alachua County
- Community Immunity: Flu Shots
- Safe Sleep Campaign Kicks Off
- Health Officials Warn of Dangers in Flood Waters
- 3 Cases of Human West Nile In Alachua County
- Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite
- Warning About Brain Eating Amoebas
- Parts Of Ocala Under Rabies Alert
- Back To School Shots