Man Crashes Into Archer Rd. Walmart
Gainesville Police are still investigating what caused a man to suddenly accelerate his car and drive into the side of the Walmart on Archer Road.
Witnesses told GPD they saw the driver come to a complete stop at a stop sign, then suddenly accelerate into the building around 8:40 this morning.
Gainesville and Alachua County Fire Rescue and Gainesville's Police Department arrived shortly and pulled the man from his vehicle about 30 minutes later.
After the driver was freed, he was taken to Shands. His condition is not known at this point.
Once he recovers, officers will interview him to see if they can determine what caused him to crash into the building.
The store did not close down after the accident, but the area the car drove through was blocked off from shoppers while Walmart staff worked to clear debris.
- Skeletal remains found right off busy Newberry Rd.
- Archer Girl, Mom Killed in Plane Crash
- Three Injured in Archer Road Car Crash
- Archer Elementary student recovering after car crash
- Man Shot and Killed In Walmart Parking Lot
- Anonymous man pays off layaway accounts at Walmart
- Man arrested for buying alcohol with stolen goods from Walmart
- Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
- Archer Man Accused of Molesting Child
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Archer Man