Missing Marine's Body Found
His truck in the garage; wheelchairs on the porch, you'd think Robert Soller, 76, is still home.
"We have reason to believe now, that he was fatally shot," said Major Scott Harden.
The suspected killer Thomas Conroy, 47, has been arrested in Hillsborough County.Family tells TV20, he's the son of Soller's close friend, and needed a place to stay over the summer. However, on September 15th, Soller was reported missing by his brother.
"The residence here plays a role in the initial actions, and that his body was dumped elsewhere," said Harden.
Soller's body was found Tuesday night in the woods, about a mile and a half from his home.
Deputies wouldn't speak of the condition of Soller's body, or how long they suspect it had been beside County Road 272.
"We're still looking into various possibilities for motives," said Harden.
However, family says the motive was money. On August 27th someone had taken out a thousand dollars from Soller's bank account, and they say it was Conroy.
Deputies wouldn't confirm that, but are interviewing witnesses, and gathering evidence.
Deputies say at this point, they have no reason to believe anyone else was involved in Soller's murder.
Family believes Soller was killed in August. They say on August 7th an unidentified man accepted a package at Soller's house; they believe it was Conroy who may have been cleaning up evidence.
Conroy is charged with aggravated manslaughter with a firearm, tampering with evidence, and abuse of a human body.
- ASO to Escort Local Marine's Body
- Family Speaks About Marine's Death
- Marine's Funeral Service
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Missing Fla. Boater's Body Found In Leesburg Lake
- Body of missing sheriff's deputy found
- Missing Coconut Creek Man's Body Found 9 Years Later
- Missing Ballon Pilot's Body Found
- Missing New Orleans Teacher's Car Found, Body Inside
- Missing Airboater's Body Found Near Boat Ramp