Police Standoff Created as Wanted Man Barricades Himself Inside Jonesville Area Home
Alachua County deputies are still trying to get a man who barricaded himself inside a home with weapons.
Detectives say Florida Wildlife Commission was looking for a man, Robbie Edmondson, who wrecked a stolen vehicle in the area yesterday.
Edmondson was later found at a mobile home Thursday evening in the 15000 block of NW 28th Ave.
They say he's wanted for burglary in several counties in Florida.
Deputies had SWAT in the area. They have not evacuated anyone in the area.
Robots are being used to clear the perimeter.
- After Eight Hours, Barricaded Man Surrenders to Police
- Police Respond To Standoff At Gainesville Mobile Home
- Police: Ocala Man Turns Himself In After Shooting
- Gainesville Police Search For Man Who Exposed Himself In Parking Lot
- Man Arrested after Police Standoff
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
- Ocala Man Murdered, Body Found Inside Home
- Man Wanted In Penn. Building Collapse Turns Himself In
- Knife-Wielding Man Tased By Gainesville Police During Struggle at Area McDonalds
- State, National Leaders Team Up To Create Jobs In Rural Areas