NASA is dealing with critical cooling unit issue onboard Int'l Space Station.
Spending More To Produce Less
Early this morning, we finally got some much needed rain in North Central Florida but it still won't be enough to catch up to our 12 inch deficit for the year.
Throughout North Central Florida we are several inches behind in rainfall and it's forecast to be a dry and warmer than normal winter.
Farmer Roger West is supplementing his cattle's diet to keep them thriving through the winter but says most farmers are up against a double edged sword, they are producing less and not making as much money.
At the same time it's costing them more to keep up their cattle and crop.
Florida's secretary of agriculture has issued a drought declaration for the state, which opens up the availability of several state and federal programs that act as a safety net for farmers.
The USDA's Farm Service Agency has three programs available to producers, more information can be found at Florida Farm Service Agency.
- Study Finds Parents Spending Less On Back-To-School Shopping
- Less Money, More Problems...Alachua County Budget
- Doing More With Less
- Live With Gator Growl Producer
- Environmental Protection Leaders Ask Residents to Use Less Water
- Victim-less Crime?
- UF Gives Raises Less Than A Month After Layoffs
- Property Tax Cut May Mean Less Money for Education
- New Traffic Patterns Use Less Energy, Save Drivers Commute Time
- Less Than Jake, Live at TV 20