Alachua County Manager Randall Reid Officially Resigns
Alachua County Officials say there are half a billion dollars worth of challenges down the road. But they'll face them without the manager they've relied upon for the last 12 years.
County Manager Randall Reid officially resigned today, after exactly 12 years in the position....which is the longest of any manager in Alachua County history.
Reid is moving to Sarasota county to take a job as county administrator. Alachua County Commissioners will choose an interim manager on Tuesday. Whoever is selected will agree not to apply for the permanent position. Commissioners will wait until after the November 2012 elections to hire a new manager.
Another topic of the Fall retreat was the $400 million dollar backlog on county road repairs and a possible sales tax in 2012 to help pay for it.
Randall Reid's last day with Alachua County is January 20th.
- Alachua County Resumes Search for New County Manager
- Alachua County Commission Makes Final Choice for County Manager
- Top Alachua County DEC Leaders Resign
- Director Of Alachua County Jail Resigns
- Alachua County Jail Employee Resigns
- Alachua County Manager Speaks About Energy Costs
- Alachua County Activates 311 Emergency Management Line
- Alachua County Commissioners Reach Out to Third Manager Candidate
- Alachua County Informal Meetings Change & Manager's Salary Confirmation
- Alachua County Interim Manager Chosen