Attempted Murder Close to UF East Campus
Gainesville police continue their search for two men, that are armed and dangerous.
Around 2:30 PM Tuesday, Tyrone Thomas, 19, and another man, were standing outside the home of Timothy Lawrence at 645 north east waldo road.
Police say when Lawrence walked up to the men, Thomas fired four shots from a 380 handgun directly at Lawrence.
Lawrence was not hit.
The men ran into the woods, headed towards northeast 15th street, and are still on the loose.
Police say the victim knew Thomas but had never seen the second man.
"We do know that the victim in this case was specifically targeted, and those bullets were meant for him, and quite honestly, it's nothing short of a miracle that nobody was harmed today during this incident," said Cpl. Angelina Valuri, GPD Spokesperson.
Police say Thomas is wearing blue jeans and a green shirt and the second unidentified suspect is a black male, about 5'4, and has dreads.
Police have arrested the victim, Timothy Lawrence. He's being charged with the December 9th burglary of the shooters home at the Candle Light Mobile Home Park off Waldo Road.
Police say Thomas' motive may have been to get back at Lawrence for the burglary.
- Police Review Camera Footage After Attempted Robbery on Santa Fe College Campus
- Two Rape Attempts Near UF Campus
- Attempted Attack on U-F Campus
- Fraternity To Be Closed Immediately on University of Florida Campus
- SFC Northwest Campus Closed for Tonight
- Two dead in murder-suicide on Ocala's east side
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready
- Two Face Attempted Murder Charges In Brutal Beating Incident
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge Over MySpace Dispute