Family's Journey to Bring Home Adopted Son Ends
Last year TV20 introduced you to the Johnsons, a family trying to adopt a little boy from Haiti during the earthquake there. But on Friday, the Johnson's three year journey ended and 4 year old Sam's adoption was finalized.
Frozen yogurt and dinner out are the only celebrations the family will have, says Susan Johnson. After all, she says, the new distinction is only on paper.
“It’s not like a night and day thing that we started this adoption and it’s been a growing process where Sam has become part of our family and our son and brother.”
When the Johnsons first brought Sam back from Haiti, he was malnourished and had trouble sleeping. Now, he's enrolled in pre school, plays with his brother, Will, and looks healthier every day.
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed Continues
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed Part 2
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed
- Duckett family's suit to be tried federal court
- A Gainesville Family's Christmas Wishes Come True
- Struggling Family's Roof Rescued By Non-Profit
- Deputy Killed Family's Dog, Owners Want to Know Why
- Deadly Discovery in Ocala Family's Empty Pool
- A Family's Struggle With Premature Birth
- Aguilar Family Believes Son's Remains Have Been Found