Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Man is Brought Down by Canines in Ocala
A man driving a stolen car is pulled over and takes off on foot near SW 20th street in Ocala.
Alberto Echevarria was pulled over by a Florida Highway Patrol trooper after he couldn't read Echevarria's tag--which had expired in 2002.
"So I initiated a traffic stop, interviewed the driver, and as I went back to my car, he bailed out of his vehicle and proceeded to flee on foot," Trooper Richard Crawford told TV20.
Echevarria ran right into the woods of the Carlton Arms Apartments.
Sheriff's deputies joined the hunt and canines brought him down. The tag on the vehicle Echevarria was driving belonged to another car. Echevarria told TV20 he had borrowed it, and that he was innocent. He also told us he ran because he was out on bail. Echevarria had just served six months behind bars for burglary and battery charges. His records show a long list of arrests including driving with a suspended license.
- Four Major Drug Rings Brought Down
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Tragedy of "Invisible Children" Brought Closer to Home For Williston High Students
- Publix Truth Tour Brought Protestors to Publix
- Law Enforcement Canine's Death Raises Questions Over Proper Euthanasia
- An in-class Canine Companion for an Autistic Child
- Gainesville Police Bring Helicopter, Canines to Show and Tell
- Gas Station Donations Lead to Crime Fighting Canine
- Brought Together by Technology
- Two Families in Different States Brought Together by Balloons