Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
No More "Blue Laws"
Sunday was the first day without "blue laws" in Gainesville, but it didn't bring in much more green than usual. City ordinances restricting alcohol sales on Sunday were repealed last week by commissioners.
But alcohol sales weren't significant. Some say that's because word hasn't spread to patrons or even some stores and restaurants yet. Alcohol can now be sold on Sunday the same as every other day of the week.
Several Downtown businesses now plan to offer Sunday brunch because of the repeal.
- UF Law Student Named Florida Blue Key President
- BlueLight App, One More Step Towards Safety For Students
- Republicans Unite at "Black Tie and Blue Jeans"
- Law Enforcement Officers More Likely To Suffer From Heart Disease
- Florida's New Child Abuse Law Could Cause More Harm Than Good
- Teen Avoids Homicide Charges After Invoking "Stand Your Ground" Law
- "Bong Bill" Becomes Law, Starts Thursday
- Teacher of the Year Receives "Unsatisfactory" Evaluation Under New State Law
- Businesses Say "No More Prisons"
- More Than Just A "Flasher" Says Victim