Alachua County Informal Meetings Change & Manager's Salary Confirmation
In further reaction to citizen complaint about informal meetings, Alachua County leaders voted to change the procedure for them.
Instead of informal, they will be called special general policy discussion meetings. An agenda will be added, which was one of the main complaints made to the State Attorney's Office last summer.
The State's Attorneys Office investigated the complaint and recently reported that no Sunshine Law violations were found.
Although that agenda will have a section that includes unspecified commissioner discussion. The changes won't be final until they are voted on at the next board meeting.
County leaders also approved a contract with Assistant Alachua County Manager Rick Drummond to be the interim manager. When current Manager Randall Reid leaves on January 20th, Drummond will take the helm, making $160,000 dollars a year.
The county will search for a new manager after the November 2012 elections.
- County Commision's Informal Meetings Under Review
- Last Alachua County "Informal" Meeting
- State Attorney Says Plenty of "Sunshine" at Informal Alachua County Meetings
- Zika virus confirmed in Alachua County
- Sheriff's Office to Study Salaries
- Alachua County Commissioners Reach Out to Third Manager Candidate
- Rick Drummond Prepares Leave County Manager Seat as Betty Baker Steps in
- Lee Niblock to Take Over as Alachua County Manager
- County OK's Bump Up In Pay for Possible New County Manager
- Alachua County Dress Code Changes Approved