Beaten Elderly Man's Family Speaks About His Recovery
The family of the 78 year old disabled Korean War veteran who was badly beaten in his home says they are finally breathing a sigh of relief.
Doctors are continuing to try to pull Paul Quandt out of a medically induced coma after he was beaten, tazed and stabbed during a robbery at his home.
Quandt suffered brain swelling as well as a broken neck, ribs and legs during the violent beat down.
Twenty two year old Austin Jones and Quandt's former caretaker, twenty two year old Maranda Martin were arrested and are currently in Alachua County Jail on charges of home invasion robbery, false imprisonment and attempted murder charges.
Meanwhile, Quandt is improving slowly but steadily, showing signs of the same fighting spirit that enabled him to find help in the first place.
Quandt's family told me they have nothing to say to their father's alleged attackers and are instead focused on their loved one's recovery.
In fact, they are already planning a party for when the 78 year old gets to come home.
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- Family Speaks About Marine's Death
- Victim's family speaks out about Gainesville standoff
- Ocala Man Beaten by His Son with Sledgehammer and Metal Pipe Dies
- Ocala Man Beaten and Robbed of Everything but His Underwear
- Man's Life Saved by his Pet Cat
- Kamrie Mitchell is Missing: Her Family Speaks about the Search
- Family speaks about fatal crash
- One Man's Hobby, Others' Holiday Cheer
- Man's Body Found in Ditch