Beaten Elderly Man's Family Speaks About His Recovery
The family of the 78 year old disabled Korean War veteran who was badly beaten in his home says they are finally breathing a sigh of relief.
Doctors are continuing to try to pull Paul Quandt out of a medically induced coma after he was beaten, tazed and stabbed during a robbery at his home.
Quandt suffered brain swelling as well as a broken neck, ribs and legs during the violent beat down.
Twenty two year old Austin Jones and Quandt's former caretaker, twenty two year old Maranda Martin were arrested and are currently in Alachua County Jail on charges of home invasion robbery, false imprisonment and attempted murder charges.
Meanwhile, Quandt is improving slowly but steadily, showing signs of the same fighting spirit that enabled him to find help in the first place.
Quandt's family told me they have nothing to say to their father's alleged attackers and are instead focused on their loved one's recovery.
In fact, they are already planning a party for when the 78 year old gets to come home.
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- Man's Life Saved by his Pet Cat
- Ocala Man Beaten and Robbed of Everything but His Underwear
- Kamrie Mitchell is Missing: Her Family Speaks about the Search
- One Man's Hobby, Others' Holiday Cheer
- Missing Man's Body Recovered
- Great Danes & Dead Man's Ashes Snorted by Suspects
- A Clean Bill Of Health For Man's Best Friend
- Homeless Man's Throat Slashed Open
- 11 yr old Girl Escapes Being Lured Into a Man's Van