Gainesville Woman Hospitalized After Burned in House Fire
Gainesville Fire Rescue responded to a call about a house fire Thursday evening on NE 12th Street.
It claimed at least one victim.
An elderly woman is in the hospital with second and third degree burns over 90 percent of her body.
When firefighters arrived, they found flames coming out of the living room.
They say the woman was waiting outside the home in a lawn chair when they arrived. She was taken to Shands.
While the exterior of the home is intact, the interior was destroyed.
Officials estimate the damage at $80 thousand dollars.
No cause has been determined, but firefighters speculate that it began in the living room.
Five adults and two children also live in the home, but were not present at the time of the fire.
- Man taken to hospital after house fire
- Man Burned In Early Morning House Fire
- Woman Hospitalized After Church Roof Collapses On Her
- Gainesville man burned in boat fire
- Travelodge Gainesville Burns In New Year's Eve Fire
- Woman Arrested for Setting Fire to Her Own House
- Woman Dies In House Fire; Authorities Looking For Person Of Interest
- 71-year-old woman dies in house fire
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Extinguish House Fire
- Family of six homeless after house catches fire