Haiti 2 years Later...Relief Efforts Continue
January 12, 2012 marks the anniversary of a Caribbean nation's catastrophe. 2 years ago, a 7 point magnitude earthquake hit Haiti sending an already struggling nation into a tail spin.
Relief organizations estimate more than 300 thousand people were injured, nearly five thousand schools were damaged or destroyed and 1 and a half million people were left homeless.
The quake affected a third of the country. Recovery efforts have transitioned from relief to rebuilding.
For more information visit Your text to link...
- State Emergency Workers Coordinate Haiti Relief Efforts
- How To Help: Local Haiti Relief Efforts
- Search for Omar Gibson Continues One Year Later
- Gainesville Woman Asks For Help Distributing Haiti Relief Supplies
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Gainesville Woman Continues To Collect Truckloads Of Donations For Haiti
- Relief Efforts Underway in Philippines
- Family of Slain Teenager Paints 34th Street Wall, Seeks Justice Four Years Later
- Remembering Curtis and Dante One Year Later
- Man Found Guilty of Murder Five Years Later