"Lazy UPS guy" Next Viral Sensation?
Call it "extreme ground shipping," or "Lazy UPS guy" if you're tracking YouTube.
"I was sitting right there playing XBOX, and I see a big brown thing pass by," said John Torres, who may have seen the next viral sensation live from his Gainesville home.
“He probably wasn’t thinking or just lazy like the video says," he said.
The video, uploaded on January 14 and already has close to 600 views, shows a UPS driver heading North along 34th Street, driving on the sidewalk- directly through a school zone.
“It’s a very mobile area, we see bicycles and pedestrians all the time," said Sgt. Joe Raulerson with the Gainesville Police Department.
If an officer witnessed the delivery, the driver would have been hit with a $154 citation, and three points on his license.
The UPS public relations team released this statement to TV20:
"'Thanks so much for calling this to our attention.
What is depicted on this video is in no way condoned by UPS. We don’t tolerate any violation of UPS safe driving practices and will take corrective action, including termination, for anyone who isn’t following our safe driving standards. The location is not clearly apparent, so we’re investigating this video further. We value the unique trust the public places in UPS for the highest safety standards on the roadways.' Susan Rosenberg | UPS Public Relations Manager."
“Right when they get out of school, that’s pretty much when UPS comes around," said Torres, who is happy no one was hurt but doesn't think "Lazy UPS guy" should be fired.
"Maybe put him back in packaging," he said.
- Man Accused of Animal Abuse says "I'm not a bad guy"
- Tebow Wins "Good Guy" Award
- Online Grocery Business Helps "Lazy" Students
- Teens' Racist Rant Goes Viral
- Is Gainesville High viral video protected under free speech?
- Wanted After a Public Brawl Went Viral
- Marion County parents upset after video goes viral
- Delivery Guy Picks Up Murder Weapon
- Garbage Guys Fighting Crime
- Five Guys robbed in Ocala, possibly linked to other crimes