More Jobs Flying In
It appears to be good news, in the wake of unemployment numbers released Friday, that are slightly better but not ideal.
Silver Airways, based out of Fort Lauderdale, is moving it's maintenance facility to the Gainesville Regional Airport.
Darrell Richardson, Silver Airways CEO, says most of his employees at the old facility will be moving to Gainesville but there will still be jobs open for alachua county residents to fill.
"Besides the technical positions, such as the maintenance technicians, and all, there's also clerk positions, there's record keeping positions, planning people... there's all kinds of different positions that will be available," he said.
Positions that Richardson say need to be filled by April, when the company plans to begin operations in their new hangar.
- October Jobs Report Leave Construction Workers Wanting More
- UF Digital Arts Program Teaches Students To Be More Like Steve Jobs
- 3 More Employees Lose Jobs in Secret Service Scandal
- Third Annual Gator Fly-In Cancelled
- Flying Fido
- BEWARE FLYING CABBAGE IN NEW ORLEANS
- Sparks May still Fly this 4th in Marion County
- Sterilizing Flies in Low Oxygen Environments May Save Farmers Money in the Long Run
- "Layaway Angels" Flying Through Gainesville
- Sparks Flying over Neighborhood's Power Surge