Union County Man Murdered, Wife Forced to Watch
Crime scenes like this one aren't seen often in Union County. A brutal robbery, a man's violent murder, and his wife forced to watch it unfold. The scene of the crime: a sleepy town called Johnstown.
It all started over a driveway that is now a crime scene investigation. 69 year old William Couch was outside his house Friday morning, his wife still asleep with their 3 year old child. Only the day before, the couple had a man helping them pave their driveway.
“They had a monetary dispute," Union County Sheriff Jerry Whitehill says, "and had an argument and apparently he brought a friend and came back this morning and that’s when the aggravated battery and now murder occurred.”
William Couch used the trailer as a kind of retreat and it was there that two men forced him when they found him walking in the yard. The two men then went for Couch's 39 year old wife. She was dragged from her bed to Couch's trailer, where she was struck, tied up, and forced to watch the brutal beating and stabbing of her husband.
“I guess because of the fact that she had a three year old child there," says Whitehill, "and she appealed to them not to harm the child that they left her.”
It was only after torching the travel trailer that the two men left. Whitehill then turned the investigation over to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. He anticipates an answer to the case by the end of the weekend. They currently have two men in custody but aren't releasing their names.
- Ocala Man Murdered, Body Found Inside Home
- Alachua County Man in Jail After Firing Shots at Wife's Boyfriend
- Ocala Wife Accused of Murdering Husband
- Man Behind Bars For Gilchrist County Murder
- Levy County Man Accused of Murder...Family & Friends React
- 82 Year Old Man Murdered In Suwannee County
- Bradford County Man Charged With Murder Of His Sister
- Alachua county man wanted for attempted murder
- Wife Watches as Stunt Pilot Husband's Plane Crashes
- Man Suspected of Shooting Wife Outside Hospital Caught