Bomb Scare in Alachua County
Alachua County had a bomb scare last night after Marion County had a small explosion in a mailbox over the weekend.
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office and the bomb squad got a call yesterday from residents about an explosion in a newspaper home delivery box near the corner of 75th Way and 105th Avenue.
After the explosion, the bomb squad found a suspicious package in the mailbox next to it.
They investigated the package using a robot to see what was inside.
They are still investigating the explosion but it was more than likely an acid bomb or some sort of firework.
The second mysterious package turned out to be just a present for a neighbor.
The area was searched and cleared of any other bomb threats.
They do not know yet if the explosion in Marion County is related to the Alachua County incident.
- Marion County Bomb Scare
- Second Rabies Scare In Marion County
- Suspicious Letters Scare in Marion County
- Alachua County is Home to the Oldest Active Bomb Squad Technician in the Country
- Marion County Pet Adoptions, Wednesday August 7, 2013
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Three Marion County Facilities Linked to Meningitis Outbreak
- Marion County Scammers Caught
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Alachua Second Healthiest County in Florida