Fake Money Scam
Ocala Police are urging businesses to keep their eyes open for fake money.
The department says there has recently been a spike in counterfeit crimes in the city. They say crooks are printing fake 10's, 20's, 50's and 100 dollar bills and trying to pawn them off. From October to December there have been 33 reported cases in Ocala, plus another 9 since the year kicked off.
They say the crooks aren't targeting a kind of business in particular. They hit a couple different Dollar General stores, a Taco Bell and even tried to pay their electric bill at Ocala Utilities.
Police say they have a few leads but are urging businesses to be on the look out for these fake bills.
- Man Wanted in Fake Money Scam
- Fake Money Used to Buy Phone Cards at Lake City Business
- Reality Star Jailed for Fake Money
- Woman Becomes Victim of Money Scam
- Man Arrested For Fake 911 call
- Fake Diploma Investigation
- Man Received Fake Checks in Mail
- Ocala Pizza Joint Robbery a Fake, Police Say
- Police: Man Lures Victims With Fake Emergency, Then Robs Them
- Fake 9-1-1 Call Did NOT Work for Wanted Man