Gainesville P.D. Holds Meeting
Let's be careful out there.
That's the word from Gainesville police chief Tony Jones...who has briefed his officers, and last night, the public.
Jones says the number of violent crimes is up, and he's looking to the community for help.
Chief Jones says that overall crime is down, but there is a spike in violent crimes like home invasion robberies.
His plan is to reduce all crimes by five percent ove the next 12 months.
Part of Jones' three-year plan announced last night involves revamping the police reserve program, and introducing a police auxiliary program.
The program will consist of volunteer officers with partial academy training, assisting officers in the field.
- GPD Holds Family Field Day Over the Weekend
- Gainesville Holds Biomass Q & A at RUC Meeting
- AARP Holds Town Forum Meeting in Gainesville
- Gainesville Police Hold Seminar For Bars and Drinking Establishments
- Gainesville Police Chief Candidates Meet the Community
- Gainesville Meets to Discuss Police Chief Position Opening
- Gainesville Police Crackdown On Aggressive Drivers
- Gainesville Police Searching For Woman's Attacker
- Gainesville Police Arrest Stalker
- Local "Action Network" Holds A Meeting For Change