Has the bullying gone too far?
One parent is speaking out about a problem at Dixie County High School she says has gone on too long - bullying.
Deleah Whitfield is pulling her daughter out of school because other students have verbally abused her.
Her daughter was hesitant to report the bullying because she was afraid it would get worse for her at school.
Whitfield went to the school board but she says they haven't taken enough action to stop the bullying.
Watch the video for more on what the school is doing to remedy the problem.
For more ways to stop bullying, visit the National Voices for Equality Education and Enlightenment website: www.nveee.org.
Dixie County Schools also has a hotline to call to anonymously report bullying: 352.498.6130.
- Did A Dad Go Too Far When He Allegedly Threatened his Daughter's Bullies?
- Four Cases of Swine Flu Confirmed at Dixie County High School
- Dixie County's Kyle Lamar Wins Week 9 High School Play Of The Week!
- Dixie County's Aaron Thomas and Shaquille Mitchem Win High School Play of the Year Day 3!
- Celebration of Life Lost Too Soon at Newberry High School
- Gainesville Police Say One Nightclub Has Too Much Crime
- Celebrating Education: Morning Announcements Gone High Tech
- One Marion County High School Cuts Agriculture Program
- Union County's Geordyn Green Wins Week 10 High School Play of the Week!
- Union County's Geordyn Green Wins High School Football Play of the Year Day 7!