Mobile App Companies Creating Jobs
Mobile and computer apps may be a dime a dozen.
But a lot of them are making dozens of dimes... and then some.
According to a new study from Technet, mobile apps have created 466- thousand jobs since 2007.
Including many here in North Central Florida.
TV 20's duke carter reports many of those startups are benefitting from small business incubators throughout North Central Florida.
nats of typing
President and CEO of "Totuit" -- Jordan Johnson -- is surprised his company grew within two months.
"it feels amazing honestly I don't sit back and think about it."
Totuit - a mobile app development company designed this app here --- making this company's website available to anyone with a smartphone.
"they can order parts with a single touch of the finger."
Johnson is working to transform this log for commerical drivers to document how many hours they drove digitally.
It'll let them know if they drove too many hours...which can help them avoid fines.
"we think this is a perfect example of why transportation, the ground transportation industry is viewed as passe'."
Totuit is one of the companies part of U-F's Innovation Hub.
It's an "incubator" designed to help small businesses thrive within 5 years.
"what we're hoping for the small mobile apps and everybody in the building is ultimately success."
There are other incubators, such as the new "Power Plant" in Ocala, helping nurture numerous other companies-- including those that develop apps.
Which is exactly Johnson needed.
Starting off with two employees himself and a business partner he now has 8 people working for him.
" it feels great we're giving opportunities to 8 people who wouldn't have them if we weren't here."
Small businesses creating jobs in North Central Florida.
Duke Carter TV 20 News
- Gainesville company creates real-life Ironman suit
- Mobile Apps Help Shoppers Save Money
- Mobile app helps tween beat the odds of obesity
- 'Mobile Justice App' now in use in several states
- A new mobile app helping to keep UF students safe
- New FedEx Facility in Marion County to Create 100 Jobs
- State, National Leaders Team Up To Create Jobs In Rural Areas
- Creating Jobs through the Power of One
- Made In America- Creating Jobs that are Set in Stone
- City of Hawthorne annexes land to create jobs