New Alachua County Commissioner Appointed
From Governor Rick Scott's Press Office:
"Tallahassee, Fla. – Today, Governor Rick Scott announced the appointment of Winston J. Bradley to the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners.
Bradley, 71, of Gainesville, has been the pastor of Kingdom Life Ministries since 2005. He previously was an agency owner with Allstate Insurance Company from 1978 to 2000. He has served on the Santa Fe College Board of Trustees since 1998 and the Santa Fe College Endowment Board since 1999. He is also a past member of the Gainesville Housing Authority Board and the Eighth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee. Bradley served in the United States Air Force from 1964 to 1968 and received a bachelor’s degree from Bethune-Cookman College.
Bradley will fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Rodney Long and will serve until November 19, 2012."
The Alachua County GOP likes the choice:
"As a businessman, Winston Bradley made a career in the private sector as well as serving on Santa Fe College board positions.
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- Scott Appoints New Governor's Board
- Governor Scott Appoints Local Leaders
- Governor Scott Enlists Support from Board of Education
- Governor Scott Full Interview
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Governor Scott Signs Death Warrant
- Governor Scott Pushes For Healthcare For Floridians
- Governor Scott Comes To North Central Florida
- Scott Re-appoints Hundreds