Racist Rant Girls "No Longer Students at GHS"
If they haven't seen it already, an emergency faculty meeting this morning at Gainesville High School has made all teachers aware of a controversial YouTube video made by two of their students.
Eight Gainesville police officers were brought to the GHS campus on Thursday, as concerns were raised over student safety after the 14-minute YouTube video went viral the day before.
The video shows two GHS girls ranting about African Americans
GHS Principal David Shelnutt says the video was first brought to his attention on Wednesday during lunch time.
Shelnutt wouldn't comment on disciplinary actions taken, but says the two girls are leaving Gainesville High, and are no longer students there.
"There's no place for comments like that- that video here at GHS, there's no place for that in the Alachua County Public School System, and my opinion, no place for that in society in general," he said.
According to reports not confirmed by the school, the girls withdrew from GHS and are now being home schooled.
- "No Larger Sacrifice"
- Businesses Say "No More Prisons"
- Teen Apologizes For "Racist Rant" Video
- Racist rant turned apology- Gainesville High teen releases new video
- Teens' Racist Rant Goes Viral
- Volunteers No Longer Needed In Search For Missing UF Student
- Witness: Passengers were "Freaking Out" Over Flight Attendant Rant
- GHS Teacher Arrested For Alleged Sexual Relationship With Student
- "Girls On The Run" 5k Marathon
- Wise Joins Effort with "Raise the Roof" Fundraiser for Girls Place